If you don’t own one of the best front and rear dash cams you really need to consider buying one. Dual dash cams are becoming increasingly popular and there’s plenty of reasons why.
Table of Contents
6 Reasons Why You Need To Dual Dash Cam
Record An Accident
Drivers often have different recollections of what happened in an accident.
You will also find in many cases that people’s memories of an accident defend them.
This isn’t always the way but it’s natural for people to get defensive in the heat of an accident. Without witnesses, it can be their word against yours.
This is why a dual cam is so important.
Video evidence from your dashcam can prove your innocence.
The video proof will prevent you from being at fault, even though the accident cause is completely on the other driver.
If you are involved and at blame for an accident, it had a massive effect on your car insurance premium next year.
It’s also possible you will struggle to find an insurance company as many insurance companies turn away drivers with recent claims.
By having dual dash cams, it will speed up your whole process after the accident.
The drivers at fault will not draw out the experience with the insurance and police if they know they are at fault and you have video evidence to back it up.
Vehicle break-ins are so common.
If you have ever lived in a city or busy town and parked on the street, you will know the fear.
You can’t leave anything anyway valuable in your car as it makes it a target for quick robbery.
Most of the newer dash cams nowadays have motion sensors.
What that means is the camera will start recording when it detects motions in and around your car.
When it detects some motion, it will begin recording.
So if someone was breaking into your car, you can review and show the footage to the police.
Dual cams are so important even when you are not driving.
You might be a victim or at least know someone who experienced someone crashing into your car while it was parked.
This happened to me.
My car was parked nicely in a car park and the car next to me pulled out and scratched my side panel above my back wheel.
Did they wait for me to come back or leave their car insurance?
No! They took off.
If I had a dual dashcam, the car moving next to my car would have activated the motion sensor and I would have video evidence of the culprit who scratched my car and more importantly their car registration number to track them down.
Help With Ticket Violations
The police are not 100% right, all the time.
It’s not possible, there will always be human error.
For example, you are itching your ear; a policeman might think you are using a mobile phone and pulls you over.
This is a traffic violation and you will receive a ticket.
But what if you were not using your phone and the policeman doesn’t believe you?
If you have a two-way dash cam you will be proven innocent by your dashcam video evidence.
The policeman will likely let you off as it will look bad on their behalf if you are brought to court and proven innocent.
Fight Insurance Fraud
Insurance fraud is at an all-time high when it comes to car insurance.
Prices have soared in the last 2 years.
Insurance companies are claiming that insurance fraud is the root of the cause for this increase.
If you witness what you believe to be a staged crash then you can hand over your dual dashcam footage to the authorities and your local insurance fraud organization.
The real victims of insurance fraud are everyday people.
When someone commits insurance fraud, it’s costs go onto our insurance premiums.
Check Their Driving
When your child first starts driving it can be scary.
They have passed their driving test and they are not out on their own.
They might drive love an old woman with their hands at 10 & two when you are in the passenger seat watching on.
But how do they drive when you are not around?
Do they drive like Michael Schumacher?
You can use dash cams to check your kids driving skills.
Are they driving safely and not speeding.
A few quick checks of the dual dash cameras will have you at ease and you will know for sure they are responsible.
This works the same if you own a taxi company and you want to check up on your employees’ driving.
Dash cams are being commonly used nowadays to help convict criminals.
For example, a local homicide or robbery happened in your area at a certain time you were driving in the area.
A certain type of vehicle was witnessed to be used in the accident.
Your dash cam might have witnessed the vehicle in question and can help convict the criminals.
5 Best Front And Rear Dash Cam
1. Apeman C550 Dash Cam
The Apeman dash Cam is one of the best dash cams available.
It’s no surprise why it’s Amazon’s Choice’s dashcam.
When you get the Apeman dash cam, you get 2 high-quality cameras.
You get one large camera that will go on the front dash.
The second camera is much smaller and fits the rear of the car.
The front dash camera is so impressive.
High Quality Wide Angle Recording
It has a 170-degree wide-angle view to help capture your blind spots.
The front dash cam is of a higher video quality (1080P 30FPS) than I expected.
The rear camera has a 640x 480P resolution.
The high-resolution quality will make sure you never miss a license plate.
Auto Lock Recording
One of the coolest features of the Apeman dash cam is the auto-locking feature.
The auto-locking feature will keep recording if it detects a collision.
It will use a date stamp and also the GPS position of the accident.
It will also save and lock all the data making sure it can not be recorded over or deleted.
Dash cams are not just handy for recording accidents.
They are also handy if someone crashed into you or tries to rob your vehicle when you are not around.
The Apeman dash cam has a motion sensor.
When you start your vehicle it will automatically turn on and start recording.
It will also automatically start recording when it detects motions in and around your car.
A really nice feature that makes it one of the best dash cams available.
2. Rexing V1P
- Discreet design: signature low-profile design allows the v1p to be a well-hidden witness to the road.
- Dual-channel recording: record from two separate perspectives by connecting the included discreet rear camera to the front camera.
- Full-hd recording: front camera captures full-hd 1080p video @ 30fps. wide dynamic range allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- LOOP RECORDING: When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite oldest recordings. Supports UHS-I Class 10 or higher MicroSD cards (up to 256GB).
- ACCIDENT AUTO-DETECTION (G-SENSOR) AND PARKING MONITOR: When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked video will be kept safe from being overwritten. Parking monitor provides 24 hour protection.
Last update on 2024-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Rexing V1P is one of the best selling front and rear dash cams out there, and it’s easy to see why.
The Rexing V1P is a dual recording dashcam that records high-resolution video quality for both cameras.
The front dash cam records in 1080P and a 170-degree wide-angle to cover all blind spots.
While the rear camera records using a 120-degree angle lens.
The video quality must be noted. Its ability to adjust to the different light conditions is very impressive.
G-Sensor Motion Detection
The innovation in the technology in-dash cams is quite impressive in the last few years.
The Rexing V1P is no exception to these innovations.
The G-sensor makes the Rexing V1P one of the best dash cams available.
The Rexing V1P G-Sensor will automatically detect a collision, the video will continue to record and lock.
The video will remain locked and cannot be overwritten by new footage.
This ensures that your most important footage will be protected in case it’s needed for an insurance claim or proof of innocence, etc.
There’s no need to keep buying SD cards every time they max their storage capacity.
The Rexing V1P will loop record over old footage with the exception of the locked footage.
The Rexing V1P comes equipped with a 64Gb SD card that can be upgraded up to 128Gb.
The standard 64Gb SD card will record up to 8.5 hours of footage for you.
The Rexing V1P is also weather resistant.
You might be wondering why would this matter?
Well if you live in a warm country, your car will get very warm.
It’s important that your device remains working.
The Rexing V1P will operate perfectly at temperatures up to 140 Deg (F) so it does not overheat.
3. Z-EDGE S3 Dual Dash Cam
- 🚗🚕🚓ONE-HAND OPERATION TOUCH SCREEN : Featuring 4-inch sensitive touch screen with simple and elegant icons, The dual dash cam makes each operation more effortless and responsive, such as navigating the menus and settings, locking the current video. Thoughtful and friendly user interface for you to operate
- 🚗🚕🚓4 PRESET OPTIMIZED MODES: Selecting a mode automatically optimizes four features with preset values designed to best suit your environment,saving your time having to customize each individually, Drive - Optimized for regular use/ Scenic - Longer video clips for easier video post-processing/WDR - For better light balance, great for bright days or nighttime driving/Park- Increases G-sensor sensitivity and battery efficiency for monitoring your parked vehicle
- 🚗🚕🚓YOUR ON-THE-WAY WITNESS: The dash camera ensures simultaneous recording front and rear both in Full HD 1080P. Never miss a license plate in Full HD 1920x1080P at 30FPS and Single front camera provides you with a crystal clear QHD 2560x1440P@30fps video resolution. front and rear ultra wide 155-degree viewing angle captures more of the road around you. A 6 layer glass lens and powerful imaging processor ensure more details are captured. PIP mode supported, ensures clear and easy playback
- 🚗🚕🚓SUPER CLEAR NIGHT VISION WITH WDR TECHNOLOGY: Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology compensates for light/dark spots and balances exposure, this ensures no overexposure during the day and brings greater clarity at night. It can also restore the true colors of objects for a fuller picture. Car license plates can be easily captured at night. Ensures the clear footage and images you need to record driving at night
- 🚗🚕🚓AUTOMATIC SAFEGUARDS: Records automatically with vehicle ignition - switches off automatically with ignition off - energy saving LCD screen off timer - loop recording feature for efficient storage management - manual and automatic video protection from deletion - built-in G-sensor/accelerometer triggers crash vibration recording - parking mode watchdog for 24/7 surveillance of your vehicle with external battery pack or hardwire kit. Supports TF/micro SD cards up to 256GB
Last update on 2024-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Z-Edge S3 is one of the best dual dash cams available.
It records an excellent high-quality video.
The cameras both record in 1920 x 1080P HD video quality.
I really like the way it records in high quality for both the front and rear cameras.
Some of the best dual cams record the front dash in high quality but the rear camera is usually a poorer quality compared to the front cam.
The Z-Edge S3 dash cam also uses WDR technology.
This is used to improve the lighting in dark light.
Wide Angle Lens
The Z-Edge S3 records in an excellent wide-angle view.
The front dash cam has 150 degree wide-angle lenses on both the front and back cameras.
In many of the best car dash cams, the front camera will have a wide-angle 170 deg, but the back dashcam is usually much less.
The extra-wide angle in the back really aids against blind spots.
If you want to own one of the best dual dash cams you need to have motion sensor technology.
When the Z-Edge S3 senses a collision or a vibration, it will automatically start recording.
Along with that, it will also protect any of these vital insurance.
The G-sensor will also continue to work when the car is parked (parking mode), even if the engine is switched off. Using its built-in battery, it will turn on and start recording if it detects vibration.
30 seconds after the vibration or movement has finished the Z-Edge S3 dash cam will stop recording.
Emergency Record Button
A nice little feature that the Z-Edge S3 dash cam is the emergency record button.
Why is this important?
Well, you might spot a driver who’s driving dangerously.
You hit the emergency button.
Moments later an accident happens.
This will protect any of the footage so it will not be overwritten by any loop recording.
You can view this footage if you notice some scratches on your car or something missing from your car.
4. Vanture N2 Pro
- 【Dual Lens 1080P Car Camera】Best dual dash cam for uber, rideshare, lyft drivers, picked by Wirecutter, CNET, Businessinsider, BGR etc. The front and inside camera simultaneously capture the road front (170°) and inside passenger cabin (140°) in crystal details at dual 1920x1080P 30fps, which is a great option for rideshare drivers that will need photographic evidence in the event some rowdy passengers do damage to their car.
- 【Single Front 2.5K 1440P Dash Cam】When recording in front-only mode, footage is captured at at 2.5K 2560x1440P@30fps, which enables clear license plates, road signs. Or you can switch to 1920x1080P@60fps mode with smoother videos for high speed traffic.
- 【Infrared Night Vision】The interior facing camera utilizes 4 IR LED lights and f/2.0 aperture, which can handle low light conditions and ensures flawless video footage even when the passenger cabin is dark. F/1.8 6-glass lens front facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video.
- 【24 Hours Parking Mode & Auto LCD OFF】24 Hours Motion activated parking mode makes the dual car camera to automatically record when it detects motion. Auto start and record when the ignition sparks up. Auto LCD OFF timer ensure you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield. Ideal for most climates: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C). Excellent audio recording with built in microphone. Time lapse function automatically takes photos at specified intervals.
- 【Looping Recording & G-Sensor & Optional GPS】Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity G-sensor auto detects sudden shake/collision and emergency locks the footage to "Event File" to prevent that video from an overwrite. Supports up to 256GB microSD cards, recommend Vantrue microSD card. Optional GPS to track the driving route, location and speed(To use GPS function, please buy an extra gps mount).
Last update on 2024-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Vanture N2 Pro records in high quality.
The dual dash cam gives you some recording preferences.
You can record both the front and rear dash cams 1920 x 1080P at 60 frames per second, or you can go all-in on the front dash camera in the record in super high quality 2.5K 2560 x 1440P at 30 frames per second.
The option is entirely up to you, however, I personally like the extra security of having a rear camera for that extra peace of mind.
The footage recorded is also time and date stamped, if you ever needed to submit footage for evidence.
Wide Angle Lenses
The Vanture N2 Pro is another dual dash cam packed with some Sony technology.
The Vanture N2 Pro has a cool 170 deg front-facing camera and 140 deg rear camera.
The Sony camera in the rear gives you some can be rotated about 80 deg for the optimal angle.
Night Vision Recording
The Sony technology really excels with its powerful infrared night vision recording.
The front dash camera lens does really well in balancing light and dark.
This is really important for recording good quality footage when you need it most because let’s face it you are just as likely to be in an accident at night time.
It’s crucial the footage is visible so you can be cleared of any accusations resulting in the accident.
What I love about the Vanture N2 Pro is that it will automatically turn the infrared camera on when needed.
When the dual cam detects some low lighting, it will switch on automatically.
24/7 Parking Mode
When you park your car and switch off your car, your Vanture N2 Pro dash cam will automatically go into parking mode.
Parking mode is 24 hours of motion detection.
When the Vanture N2 Pro detects some motion around your car, it will start recording automatically.
Optional GPS Mode
The Vanture N2 Pro has an optional GPS mode.
This can check the driving route, location, and also speed.
A handy feature if your son or daughter has just started driving and you want to know if they are driving safely.
However, the GPS feature comes at an extra cost.
SD Card Support
The Vanture N2 Pro only supports up to 64Gb.
A little bit of a let down considering most of the best dual cams supports at 128Gb.
This won’t be an issue for most people, but if you are using the dashcam for professional use like a taxi or Uber driver, you might prefer to have more storage capabilities.
Time Lapse Feature
The time-lapse feature is really cool.
It takes photos in specific time intervals and puts them into the video.
This will be cool footage if you are on a road trip and plan on making a video of your trip.
This is a feature more suited to those with a creative side.
5. Garmin Dash Cam 35
The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is such a cool device.
Garmin has a big reputation in lots of different technology niches.
You really notice the standout quality of the Garmin dual dashcam. Its sleek design is really eye-catching, with its 3 inch LCD display.
The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is one of the best dash cams currently available
High Quality Recording
The Garmin Dash Cam 35 captures the whole road in front of you with its wide-angle lens.
It will record in 1080p or 720p quality, and will also adjust for poor lighting conditions.
The footage will record in a loop, so you will not need to contentiously replace the SD cards.
One thing I would have liked to have seen was a 128Gb compatible SD card. 64Gb seems a little dated.
GPS Feature At No Additional Costs
The Garmin Dash Cam 35 has a cool little GPS feature that keeps detailed info such as the time and location of your whereabouts at any particular time.
I love that this feature is included.
Most dual dash cams include this as an additional feature and cost.
The perfect feature if you are a nosy parent checking on their child’s driving.
If you own a taxi or drive for Uber having a GPS for your dashcam is extremely important.
Time & Date Stamped Footage
Having some footage recording of an accident or incident is great, but sometimes it’s not enough.
Luckily all footage recorded with the Garmin 35 dashcam is stamped with a time and location.
So if an incident happened you have time-stamped to make it rock solid.
Not only that but you will also have footage stamped with time and location so you know exactly when and where events occurred.
When reviewing footage on your computer, you’ll have a record of the speed and direction of travel.
It’s no surprise that the Garmin 35 dash cam is equipped with G-sensor technology.
It will automatically detect an incident.
Once an incident is detected it will save the current, previous, and the next recording ensuring you have a complete record of the whole incident and no crucial info is missed.
Snap Shot Feature
One feature that really stands out is the snapshot feature.
You can actually dismount the dashcam and take snapshots of your vehicle if it was in an accident.
I know most of you will have smartphones with cameras, but it’s a nice bonus feature on the off chance your phone battery died.
Driver Awareness Tool
The Garmin dash cam 35 is a nice little driving aid.
It will alert you if you are driving a little dangerously or maybe need to be more cautious.
For example, it will let you know if you are driving too close to the vehicle in front of you. A great tool for learner drivers.
It will also alert you of any oncoming red light and speed cameras.
If you sign up for their subscription, the dashcam will stay updated with daily information about red lights and speed cameras.
The speed camera is a stand out feature of any of the best dual dash cams out there.
I hope I didn’t bore you.
I have handpicked what I feel are the best front and rear dash cams currently available.
Owning one of the best dual dash cams can potentially save you a tonne of money.
It can protect you from insurance fraud, prove your innocence is being falsely accused of causing a crash, and even get you out of a ticket violation you didn’t commit.
Most of the best dual cams I recommended are reasonably priced and could potentially be an invaluable investment for your vehicle.
Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases.
The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.